Special Note: The Westborough Center will remain closed to the public while the Westborough Public Library has Quick Browsing Hours. The Local History Librarian will be working limited hours in the library, but can be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com or by leaving a message at 508-871-5284.
- Westborough Baseball – The arrival of spring brings the arrival of baseball! Stop by the display case outside of the Westborough Center, or check out the new online exhibit, to see the game through the eyes of Westborough history.
- Westborough Local History Pastimes – Read the latest newsletter from the Westborough Center.
* * *
Regular Programming and Services
- Westborough Archive – explore and discover Westborough’s deep local history resources and collections, many of which are available online. Research guides to local history collections are also available.
- Westborough History Working Group – Are you interested in Westborough and its history, working with historical records, or helping the Westborough Public Library take care of our town’s history? Then click on the link and join our group.
- Westborough History Connections – how does Westborough connect to regional, national, and international historical trends? Each year we will focus on a specific topic and design programs to help us figure out this question together. This year’s topic: how does history connect Westborough and India?
- Architectural Walking Tours – learn about the houses and buildings in various Westborough neighborhoods.
- Photographer-in-Residence Program – learn more about this program that is designed to document life and culture in Westborough.
- The Ebenezer Parkman Project – Rev. Ebenezer Parkman was Westborough’s first minister, and throughout his life he kept a detailed diary, which is now considered to be one of the best resources for understanding daily life in colonial New England. This website brings together his diary and other writings.
- Westborough History Blog – do you have a story, memory, or historical knowledge of Westborough that you want to share? You can publish it on this community blog.
The Westborough Center for History and Culture also offers research support for Westborough local history and genealogy, local history programs coordinated with the Westborough Public Schools, volunteer and internship opportunities, and a place to “experience history” (right now we have a collection of stereoscopes available for viewing).
Do you have an idea for a program or cultural event that will enhance the understanding of our community? Do you have a historical or cultural item related to Westborough that you would like us to digitize and add to our digital collections? Stop by or contact Anthony Vaver (Local History Librarian) at 508-871-5284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.