The Westborough History Working Group is a group of people who are interested in:
- Westborough and its history
- Working with historical records
- Helping the Westborough Public Library take care of our town’s history
We generally meet in the Westborough Public Library on Wednesdays from 2:00-3:30 p.m. If you are interested in joining us, please e-mail Anthony Vaver, Local History Librarian, at email@example.com.
* * *
Westborough in the 1950’s Project
The Westborough History Working Group at the Westborough Public Library is teaming up with Westborough TV to create programming and an eventual film on Westborough in the 1950’s, and we need your help. Over the next few months, we will be gathering from the Westborough community photographs, memories, images of ephemera, and other information about what it was like to live in Westborough during this formative decade.
As part of this information gathering, we are asking people to submit their memories about life in the 1950’s–whether you lived in Westborough during this time or not. If you were not alive during the 1950’s or were too young to remember, then perhaps you can use this question to interview someone who did or do some research to try to answer the question a different way.
Contribute to our 1950’s project
Do you have photographs, stories, converted home movies, etc. from the 1950’s that you want to contribute to this project? You can upload them by going here: https://westboroughdigitalrepository.omeka.net/contribution.
We are also collecting stories and information about the following topics (click on the links to respond):
- Question 1: How did the aftermath of World War II and the Korean War affect life in the 1950’s, either in Westborough or American society in general?
- Question 2: Agriculture was an important part of Westborough life in the 1950’s and in many ways it still is. Tell us some of your memories about farms, orchards, dairies, and greenhouses in Westborough, both from the 1950’s and today.
- Question 3: If you grew up in Westborough during the 1950’s, why did you and your family live in Westborough? If you live in Westborough now, why do you live here today?