Can you put a date (or a span of potential dates) on this image of West Main Street in Westborough?
- Image Title: Business Section – Westboro Massachusetts
- Format: Postcard
- Date: ????
Even if you can’t add a date to this image, come join the NEW Westborough History Working Group!
The Westborough History Working Group will be an informal gathering of people with an interest in history in general, and Westborough in particular, to work together on various projects in the Westborough Center for History and Culture at the Westborough Public Library. Projects may include:
- Adding dates to historical photographs to the best of our collective ability.
- Organizing collections and conducting research for exhibits and programs.
- First peaks at new donations as they are opened for the first time.
- A forum for sharing your knowledge and experiences about living in Westborough, both yesterday and today.
- Informal (or formal) conversation about history topics in general with people who enjoy talking about history.
The general idea is for us to get together on a regular basis (however we want to define that), help the Westborough Center with its local history collections, and have fun doing so. We will start with trying to attach dates to the many historical photographs that lack them in our collection. We can then decide together what other activities we want to tackle. If you have ever wanted to see what it is like to work with rare collections in a library or museum, this is your opportunity.
All are welcome, whether you are a long-time Westborough resident or just moved here!
If you are interested in joining this group, please e-mail Anthony Vaver, Local History Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest. Please include the following information:
- Your Name
- Your E-mail Address
- Your general meeting time preferences (please indicate days of the week AND mornings, afternoons, or evenings on those days)
I will try to accommodate as many people as possible in identifying meeting times.